Sunday, January 1, 2012

Soli Nav

So as I've mentioned before, people here don't celebrate Christmas but instead celebrate Soli Nav or New Year's.  Much of the celebrations are similar to Christmas as far as Santa Claus and gift-giving goes.  This week many stores have put up decorations and people have been out and about preparing for their celebrations.  It's actually been pretty amazing to me to see how similar things look compared to our Christmas.  I feel like we live in a very interesting culture with both the Muslim and Western influences.  Sometimes I just can't wrap my head around it.  It really is amazing.  I Look forward to continue learning about this place to which we have been led.


Here are some pictures of the decor around town.  I had hoped to get some pictures at night of the lights but that just didn't happen.  Drew and I did end up with a fun story though!  Happy New Year!

No comments: