Friday, May 13, 2011

Eliana Update

We had our doctor's appointment today and baby girl is doing just fine.  She seems to have moved further down into my pelvis since we saw her two weeks ago because the doctor had a hard time seeing her whole head on the ultrasound.  She looked happy and healthy though and we saw her sucking her finger.  The doctor is predicting a long, skinny baby...we'll see!  She doesn't think I'm big enough for her to be too hefty.  A lot of it will depend on how long she waits to come!


My BP was good and I've gained three more pounds (28 total)- not bad considering my "improved" diet the past two weeks.  She didn't do an internal exam because she wasn't very concerned and I don't think it makes much of a difference to know what's going on in there right now.  When she's ready to come she'll come.  The doctor will only let me go one week past my due date before she induces so at least I know there are only three more weeks left.  Exciting!  


The doctor doesn't want to see me again until my due date...unless of course the big event happens.  I like the more laid-back approach she has.  Drew said it's kind of like being at a birth center, which is what I'd want anyway.  She also is very supportive of my birth plan and is willing to work for me and be my advocate with the nurses and other staff at the hospital.


So yeah, everything looks good.  Here's another 3D shot.  The top of her head is blacked out because it's so low in my pelvis you can't see it anymore.

No comments: