Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Don't Think These are Going to Work!

For women's day the ladies at the house gave me the gift of some national pants that you wear under the national dresses.  Well, I tried them on and the words, "Drew, I don't think these are going to work!" quickly came out of my mouth.  Check them out...





I think they forgot about the reality that I'm almost six feet tall and pre-made pants probably won't work for me.  I knew I needed to get the elastic in the waist too but I'm thinking that's not going to fix everything.  Anyway, I told Melissa about it and she said we could take them to the seamstress and get some fabric added to the top and they'd be okay.  We'll see about that!  I also need a dress to wear with them and Navruz, their New Year's celebration- which is what these type of pants are for, is in two weeks.  I've got some work to do!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Well, it was the thought that counted, lol. I bet the seamstress can work magic though!! :-)

Melissa said...

Those pants are pretty funny. I wanted to tell you something while I'm thinking about it. I don't know if you realized you can make your blog into a book that is almost better than a scrapbook. The best website I've found is www.blurb.com. It downloads the blog and pictures for you and all you a have to do is organize it how you want it to look. I have an awesome keepsake of being pregnant with Oliver and am working on one for his first year. It's also nice because I used up all of my blogger picture space and had to erase stuff, but it doesn't really matter because I have it in hard copy. Just thought I'd share :) I can't wait to see pictures of little Eliana! Not too much longer!

Miriam said...

Nice! Could be a new look...or not!

Sandy said...

You gave me a good chuckle with this one...LOL!!!!
Just have them add about...15' & you'll be all set.

Drew and Leslie said...

Thanks Melissa! I bookmarked that website and will definitely look into it in the future.

Miriam, you just never know when you might get a little package from me in the mail! :-)