Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby Shower

The girls here had a sweet baby shower for me yesterday.  It was so fun and nice!  We had it at the house of our friend who works with the US Embassy and their house is awesome!  It was like being back in the US.  She even has a dishwasher!  We had awesome brunch food (which is some of my favorite), played fun games, opened gifts and had a time of prayer.  It was really great.  I'm so thankful for the friends the Lord has given us here.  It makes life in a new culture so much easier when you have such great support.  I certainly miss being able to do this with all of you back home but am thankful for how the Lord has provided.  


I was a little emotional when I first got there just because I'm still so amazed this is happening to me.  I celebrated with so many other people over the past four years and wasn't sure if there would ever be a shower for me so it's still pretty amazing to me.  I just feel so blessed.  


So yeah, it was a lot of fun.  Here are a few pics from the shower and then an album full of the rest for those of you who are interested...


The beautiful and delicious cake


The awesome food!


Modeling so they could try to cut string to measure my belly.  Thanks for the shirt B!  :-)


My sweet friends


A little Wolfpack color for baby girl

1 comment:

Shelly said...

So excited for you guys! You little girl will be here so soon!!!