Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy 30th Drew!

Yesterday was Drew's 30th birthday and I do believe Drew turned 30 with great grace and composure. Hitting this milestone didn't seem to bother him one bit. :-) I tried to make the day special for him, especially since we're so far away from our family and friends.

The day began with a special breakfast of biscuits (from scratch of course), eggs, gravy and bacon! We ate our meal Tajik style by sitting on the floor. I thought combining cultures would be appropriate. We had a language lesson in the afternoon, did some studying and then for dinner we went to a really good Indian restaurant in town. We'd been before and had Chinese food (they have a big menu!) but Drew hadn't had their Indian food so I really wanted to take him. We got a spicy chicken dish, a potato and cauliflower curry dish, rice and garlic non. It was sooo good! The price was great too as our whole meal, of which we had leftovers, a bottle of water and our taxi ride to and from the restaurant was around $16! We are getting spoiled here!

After dinner we came home and Drew was able to talk to his parents and sister and brother-in-law and nephew and then we ate birthday cobbler (it had blueberries, raspberries, peaches and strawberries) and watched "Sherlock Holmes." I surprised Drew by borrowing this movie from a friend thinking he'd never seen it but when I showed it to him he reminded me he watched it on the airplane on the way over here. Oh well! He really liked it though and we watched it anyway. Really good movie. I'd definitely recommend it!

So yeah, that was our day. I think Drew enjoyed it and felt adequately loved and cared for. I can't believe we're (well, I'll be there soon at least) in a new decade. The last one was great. I wonder what this one will hold!

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: