Saturday, December 19, 2009

Congratulations Blake!

My brother, Blake, graduated from seminary at Southeastern yesterday! Way to go Blake! My parents and grandparents came to celebrate with Blake, along with some guys from a church he'd worked with in the past. The ceremony was very nice and my favorite part was singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" with a chapel-full of people and the organ playing in the background. It really was beautiful and made me think that it could be what things will sort of sound like in heaven. Dr. Akin also gave an encouraging charge to the graduates, and to us as well, to run the race with perseverance and endurance.

I'm so proud of Blake for how hard he's worked and for how well he did in seminary. I was able to proof-read lots of papers for him over the past 3 1/2 years and as a result I have learned a lot too. It's been fun!

After the ceremony we hung out with my parents and then had a little party that night with BBQ for dinner and lots of great desserts. It was a fun day and I'm so glad we got to celebrate with you Blake. Congrats again! We love you!


2 comments:

jason and jen said...

hey girl...thank you so much for your Christmas card and the birthday cards that you sent the girls. They really liked getting one each! I have your Christmas card still sitting in my kitchen! How would you like to get it in January? We would love to get together soon. I loved reading your update in your card, but want to catch up more in person! Love you!

Danielle said...

Yay Blake!