Thursday, February 15, 2018

Valentine's Day 2018

Most of you know that my mom died on Valentine's day. This year marked 21 years! It's crazy to think she's been gone so long. In some ways it feels like the time has flown by and in other ways it feels like forever. 

Because of this I usually try to do special celebrating on Valentine's Day. It helps me with my emotions and gives me fun things to focus on. This year we took advantage of being in the US and I got us heart-shaped donuts for breakfast and made a red velvet cake using a boxed mix and canned cream cheese frosting! Yay! We also had steaks, sweet potatoes and asparagus- all things that we don't have in our Central Asia home. I also was able to go to lunch with a couple of friends and we just had some fun, family time at home.

I'm thankful for God's kindness to me to give me a holiday about love to focus on when I am also thinking about a person who I loved very much and who loved me in ways I could only understand after becoming a mom myself. One day we'll be together again and until then, we'll keep celebrating and keep remembering!























No comments: