Thursday, November 12, 2015

Getting Fancy

Wednesday Eliana and I had some good mommy/daughter time, which we've not had much time for lately because we've been so busy. We went out for a breakfast date and then did a couple of errands. When we got home she wanted to play her favorite pretend play game- Mommy, Daddy and Big Sister. So, we played for about an hour and she had a blast. Towards the end she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm so happy! I'm having so much fun!" I asked her why and she said, "Because we're playing together! It's so fun!" Trust me, I wasn't doing anything amazing but man, this girl loves her quality time. I don't even love pretend play but these reactions remind me why I do it. A small sacrifice to bring her such joy!

While we were playing Eliana decided we were going to go to a friend's house to spend the night "for 16 years." Ha! She thought we needed to tie up our scarves "fancy" on our heads for the trip. I think we looked pretty fancy, if I do say so myself!


No comments: