Monday, August 18, 2014

Home Improvement

I have been wanting to change up Eliana's room for a long time now but at first we thought we would move out of our apartment after our stateside time and then we had to work out with the landlord getting rid of the two enormous chairs and the sleeper sofa that were in her room. We were able to get rid of the furniture a couple of weeks ago and this weekend finally had time to go out and look for shelving units and a twin-sized bed for her. Everything was delivered and put together yesterday and I just love it! Finally she has a space that is all her own and we have somewhere to put all her toys and books. I just feel so happy inside! You guys know I LOVE organizing so this task was weighing on me and now I just feel light and free!

I am especially thankful that everything came together so well and that we were able to find decent looking, reasonably priced furniture, which is not always the case here. The fact that we bought it on Saturday and everything was here and assembled on Sunday is an extra bonus. Did I mention I am excited?

Here's the new room...

We found this great twin-sized bed frame. The mattress is a bit hard but for now it's okay for Eliana. We will get some foam sometime soon. I brought back the bedding from the US. Thank you Target! That quilt has been on the wall from the beginning. Drew's Aunt Peggy made that for Eliana when she was born. I think Eliana was most excited to have more room for more animals on her bed!

These two shelves have mostly all her toys, books, game and puzzles. I wasn't thinking we'd get any with doors but in the end I like that some things aren't showing. A tub with her blocks, more stuffed animals and her baby strollers are next to the wall.

This end of her room has her kitchen and the bin with her kitchen items. My life-long friend's mom made the quilt hanging here for Eliana when sh was born. It now has a new home on the wall!


I am super excited about this cabinet. Finally I have space for all the crafting supplies. Now we can easily access coloring books, crayons, paint, paper, stickers...everything! It was such a pain digging through stuff before and now it's so easy to get to. I am excited! I tried to put all the things that I don't want her to have without my permission on the top shelf. Hopefully I am doing some damage control with that move. I also had good success finding storage containers around here and they also weren't too expensive. Yay!

Now this area can actually be just used for displaying things and for a place for her to sit in the future. It looks so much better and will be easier to keep clean.

Finally, this is how we found Eliana this morning. Not sure what this says about how she liked her new bed but I guess it worked for her!

I know things like this aren't the most important things in life but I am so thankful to have been able to do this for myself and for Eliana. It will just make a huge difference around here. Thank you Lord for the small (and big!) blessings!

No comments: