Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yikes!

You never know when something is going to melt, break or just quit working around here.  It's just how life goes.  Saturday night we had two things happen...first I smelled something strange near the kitchen and asked Drew to come check and he found that an outlet had melted in Eliana's room.  I'm thankful I noticed the smell and we found it quickly.  I think our noses are more sensitive now.


Then, I was putting a batch of cookie bars in the oven and as I was closing the door the glass just shattered.  It was crazy!  Thankfully I wasn't hurt and the linoleum didn't melt from the hot glass.  God was gracious tonight!  We are always so grateful for his protection.  I'm hoping the landlord will get us a new oven, since it is as old as dirt anyway, but Drew suggested she might just replace the door so I'll try not to get my hopes up.


Anyway, just a glimpse into how life goes here.  Maybe I'll take my unbaked cookie bars to one of the neighbors and ask to use their oven and have a chance to hang out.  We'll see!



No comments: