Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Seven Months!

Eliana turned seven months on Friday.  Once again...amazing!  The months seem to be flying by now.  Eliana is growing and developing every day and is just so much fun.  We continue to see her love for people when we are out and about as she tries to get each person she sees to make eye contact with her.  She'll talk to people and just stare at them until they look at her, which usually results in a smile from that person.


Eliana seems to be on the cautious side though, despite what seems like an extroverted personality.  She really likes taking real baths now but just gently splashes.  She also is great at sitting up and can sit on all fours in crawling position but doesn't seem to want to go get anything yet.  She's also not really interested in rolling over.  I give her lots of time on her back and she's rolled over but seems to have no desire.  Oh well, more freedom for me!  Those days will end soon so I'll enjoy them while they last!


Eliana is eating great and seems to really enjoy it.  This month she's tried sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, apples, bananas, bread, cauliflower, broccoli, pumpkin, oatmeal, gretchka (buckwheat), chicken and eggs yolks.  As you can tell I've not really abided by the 3-day rule.  The only foods she hasn't really liked were the eggs, gretchka and chicken.  I think she'll like the eggs and chicken in the future (the chicken and egg I gave her were pretty bland) but I don't really like gretchka either so I can't really blame her.  It's really healthy though so I thought I'd try it.  She usually eats oatmeal flavored with molasses and cinnamon for breakfast and then either a carrot/sweet potato combo or peas for lunch and dinner.  If I have something else appropriate for her on my plate at dinner I'll share.  She'll have some fruit in the afternoons or if she's still hungry after her other food.  All of this is just regular food that I fix so she can eat it, mostly using my hand food mill.


I think the thing I've enjoyed most from this month is going to a four-hour schedule.  I feel like I have so much more time now!  It's amazing!  So now she gets up around 7, sleeps from 9-11 and from 1-3 and then maybe for an hour or so around 5 and then is back down around 8 to 8:15.  She nurses at 7, 11, 3 and around 6:30.  I'm still doing a dream feed around 9:45 but may cut that out after we get back from our conference in January.  Now that we're finally here I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready to cut it out so we'll see.


Eliana has become much more clingy to me and if I'm in the room she'd rather be with me, but if I go away she is fine.  She's also getting more snuggly, which is really fun.


No teeth yet but she has been a bit off the past two days so maybe soon?  I really have no idea so we'll see!


Eliana is up to 26 inches now (35%) and probably around 14.5-14.75 pounds (we had her weighed two weeks ago at her shot appointment) which is around 11%.  Both Drew and I were much bigger than this at her age weight and length-wise so we're not sure who's child she really is but we'll take her!  Her eyes aren't brown yet but are quite dark and sort of a gray-blue color with specks of brown around the middle.


One funny story, we went to a birthday party for the first birthday of one of our co-worker's grandsons and while there Eliana was working the crowd of ladies, as usual.  Well, one of the women started talking about her grandson and asked Eliana if she wanted to be her daughter-in-law.  Eliana promptly shook her head no!  Of course, that's the only motion she knows how to make, but it was pretty funny and everyone laughed really hard.  Good job baby girl!


Okay, that's enough.  We need some pictures!  We are amazed by our sweet Eliana and are so excited for our first Christmas together.  I still get emotional when I think about how amazing it is that she's here.  I'm so thankful!

1 comment:

SandyM. said...

She just gets cuter all the time (if that's possible!) Love these pictures!!
I've been checking my lists, shopping, & packing bags today... hope you enjoy it in Jan.!