Thursday, November 24, 2011

Six Months

As I mentioned earlier, Eliana turned six months old last Wednesday!  I can't believe we're already halfway through our first year with Eliana.  She is so sweet and getting more and more fun each day.  We've had such a great time showing her off over the past three weeks and are so thankful for this time that we've had with our families.  


I feel like Eliana has changed so much over this past month.  She is sitting on her own now, making almost-consonant sounds, shaking her head back and forth, on a four-hour schedule, sleeping without her swaddle and eating solid food.  Eliana has such a fun personality and just loves being around people and being the center of attention.  She had her first nursery experience, went on her first trans-Atlantic flight and saw the Grand Canyon.


Eliana is quite the little-bit.  We took her to a pediatrician's office in Raleigh and she was all of 13lbs. 3oz, which is about 6%.  We measured her at around 25 inches (I think we didn't measure correctly last month!  Sometimes not having a doctor to do these things has a bit of an impact), which is about 20%.  I recently discovered  that at six months I weighed 20lbs and was 28.5in.  She obviously isn't taking after me!  All of her 3-6 month clothes still fit very well.


We also had Bianca's father-in-law look at her since he is a pediatrician, and despite her stature, she is doing well and he felt like she was right where she needed to be, which was encouraging, since no one has really looked at her since we were in Turkey.


I am still amazed that we have a baby.  I never could have imagined how amazing it is to be a mom and I'm just so incredibly thankful God has given me this privilege.  Sometimes I wonder how I could love another baby so much; how my heart could have room to love more.  I am even more amazed that God loves us all that way.  I just can't fathom it but am so thankful!


Here are her puppy shots...


Happy 6 Months sweet girl!

No comments: