Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Five Months!

It's hard to believe that Eliana turned five months old on Sunday!  I feel like time is flying by now.  I can't believe it's almost time to give her solids (there have been times I thought that day would never come!) and that soon she'll be halfway through her first year.  Amazing!


This month Eiana's big developments are holding and grabbing things and sitting up.  I feel like all of these things just happened so quickly.  It was like all of a sudden a light switch turned on and she was doing them.  I just find it so fascinating to watch her developing.


I took her to the doctor's office to weigh her but that scale said she'd only gained 3 oz. over the month (12 lbs. 5 oz) but I really don't think that's right because she feels like she's gained more than that so I weighed her with me at a friend's house and that scale said 14 lbs.  So, she's somewhere in between that.  We measured her at around 25.75 inches.  I hope we can find somewhere to get her weighed and measured for real when we're in the US next month.


Eliana's developed a bit of separation anxiety this month and is less happy playing by herself and being with our Tajik friends.  We're working on both these things! She still loves to talk and loves being in a group of people.  She'll just talk and talk.  No consonant sounds yet but she uses her voice well!  She is the center of attention at our small group on Sundays as all the big kids just love her and want to play with her.  It's really cute!


She's still only staying up for about 1 1/2 hours at a time, but can go longer if we're out and about.  That means we're still on a 3-hour schedule and eating six times a day.  Most nights she's still sleeping well but she's had a cold for a few days and has been waking up earlier than I'd like some days but that's okay.  She's still a great sleeper.  We are going to have to make bumper pads for her crib though because she's started to move a lot and hit her head and get her feet caught, which wakes her up at night.


Eliana's 3-6 month clothes fit very well and probably will for some time.  She can still wear most of her 0-3 month clothes, they're just too thin to wear now.  It was really sad to start putting that stuff up.  They were her first clothes after all!  I'm now experiencing all those emotions I've always heard about and never understood.


I've not started any solids yet.  I'm planning on waiting for another month but we'll see if she needs them before then.  I think she'll be fine but I'm keeping an eye on it.


So yeah, things are going well.  We just love Eliana so much and are so thankful for another month with her.  I can't wait to see what this month holds, especially as we travel back to the US and meet lots of new people.


Here are her five month photos...













2 comments:

Shannon Dingle said...

She is such a precious mix of both of you! We love being able to get updates from afar about your lives - thank you for your faithful posts!

SandyM said...

What precious pictures! She is SO cute!!