Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Four Months!

Eliana turned four months old on Friday!  Life has been crazy busy since then, which is why I'm late posting about it.  She is doing great and is more and more fun every day.  In the beginning there were times that I wondered if I'd actually make it to four months and now we're here and life is good!  We have a great rhythm going and I'm just loving being a mom.


At her doctor's appointment she weighed around 12lb 2oz (17%) and we measured her at a little more than 25 inches (87%).  She is definitely filling out more and more in her face and her legs.  


Eliana is still on a three-hour schedule and pretty much consistently stays up for 1.5 hours and sleeps for 1.5 hours during the day.  She has her last feeding between 10 and 10:30 and then generally sleeps until around 7am.  Now if she wakes up in the night, I can get up and give her her pacifier and she'll go back to sleep.  It's so nice to not have to nurse her at night now and just get our day started at 7.  She did have a growth spurt this month so that threw us off for a few days but she's back on schedule now.


Eliana has rolled over from stomach to back in both directions but has only done it a few times.  Mostly she doesn't love tummy time but tolerates it.  She likes standing in her exersaucer and sitting in the bouncy seat.  She's gotten less interested in laying on her playmat and almost always cries when I lay her down to change her diaper or clothes.  I have to talk it up a lot to keep her calm.  I guess she just likes being up!  She'll also hang out in her carseat too, which is good.  Lately she's been a little less content being by herself when I'm doing things around the house so I got a sling and will be using it when necessary.


Eliana loves to talk and seems to really love people.  Last Friday we had a bunch of people over for my birthday and she was awake from 4-8:30 just hanging out with everyone.  I hope this trend continues as it makes events that like much more fun for Drew and me.


Eliana loves sucking on her hands and fingers and is a drooling machine!  She also grabs on to skin, hair and clothing with a grip that will leave a mark when her nails are long.  She still only uses the pacifier for sleeping and mostly spits it out after she falls asleep.


Eliana is not grabbing things yet and hasn't found her feet.  Maybe she's going to be like me and have less than spectacular hand-eye coordination.  She's also still sweats a lot!  I think Drew passed that gene on to her.  Her head just gets drenched when it's warm outside.


Eliana loves to ride in cars and just sits and looks around when we're riding.  it's really cute.  She also does well when we're talking on Skype with family and when we're watching a show on the computer.  I think she really likes the lights on the screen.


So yeah, we're doing great!  It was a year ago on Friday that we found out that I was pregnant and each day we're still amazed we get to experience this gift of a child.  I never thought I'd be able to and I'm overwhelmed with God's goodness to us.  Eliana is such an amazing gift!  We love her and just enjoy her so much!


Here are some shots from the four-month shoot and then a slideshow with all of them...

2 comments:

Olivia said...

She's so beautiful and check out that double chin that one shot! LOVE her! Missing you guys and counting down the days until we see all of you!

In Everything said...

adorable:)

In some of those picture, she looks like a toddler sitting up soo well!! I kept having to remind myself that she's 4 months;) And that tuff of hair is precious:)