Saturday, April 9, 2011

Date Night

Drew and I try to go out once a week and it's usually on Fridays.  It's just nice to get away and eat non-Tajik food and hang out just the two of us, though sometimes we go to a friend's house or out with friends.  Last night we went to the nice Italian restaurant in town and splurged $20 on a really nice meal, including dessert.  It was wonderful and delicious and I really enjoyed myself.  We were most surprised that we actually even had to wait for a seat to sit in the non-smoking section.  Restaurants here are rarely busy so that was different.  It was only about five minutes though so it was no big deal.


Anyway, here's a picture of the dish we both got- pasta with veggies and bacon (lots of it and it was thick!) and me showing off my bacon.  Hey, we get excited about the little things around here! 





We had a delicious apple fritter with vanilla ice cream for dessert but I didn't take a picture.  I'm so thankful for all the nice things we have in our city.  I know they aren't important in the big scheme of things but they sure do make life nicer and I am very,very grateful!


P.S.  Laura Leigh, if you notice this is the sweater you let me use.  I've loved it!  It is wonderful.  Thanks so much!

No comments: