Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Found My Favorite Place!

Today I found my favorite place in our city! We went to the botanical gardens and it totally exceeded my expectations. It was so quiet and pretty and serene you could almost forget you are in a huge city of more than 500,000 people. It really was amazing. They have these beautiful gazebos all throughout the park where you can sit and relax. There are amazing views of the mountains. There are plenty of trees for shade and benches for sitting. There are long walking paths that could also be used for running. It was wonderful and such a great tucked-away surprise for me. The only downside is that it's pretty far away from us- about a 30-minute ride on public transportation. That will probably hinder our ability to go but hopefully we can still go a few times. At least I now know of a place to go if I feel the need to escape from the city. It did cost money, which surprised me, but it's less than $.25 a person so I can handle that.

We went with our other language helper, who we'll call Gabby, and she did a great job leading us through the gardens. We learned that many years ago her grandfather actually owned the land and sold it when she was a child. That's pretty cool! We had a good time relaxing with her and getting to know her better outside of a work situation. It really was a great morning and I look forward to going back sometime soon.

Enjoy the pictures...

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Should have known you already had pictures posted to the blog :)

That place is stunning!! When I visit I want to go there too. The mountains just blow me away. You are living in such a beautiful country.

Drew and Leslie said...

I will definitely take you there when you come! I wish it was next week. :-) The mountains are amazing!

Rockie said...

that garden really is beautiful! and you look great in your dress!

Drew and Leslie said...

Thanks Rockie! You are so sweet!