Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baking Non and a Wedding

This has been a big week for us! We got approved to work with our company and we've been able to get out and do much more things with locals. We're very thankful for both and excited for everything that's going on.

On Friday my friend, Gabby, taught me how to make non, the local bread. It was pretty much the same process as making any bread but she made a lot! I think she underestimated how much she was making because we ended up with three HUGE loaves and I only asked for two. Oh well! It was awesome when it first came out of the oven and was especially awesome with the peanut butter I got in the mail from my Nanny this week! Thanks Nanny! I didn't have the little metal press that they use for making designs in the bread so we just used forks and it worked fine. It was fun and I think I can do it on my own but I'll probably keep buying it because it's easier and really cheap.

Second, Drew was able to go his first local wedding on Friday! They didn't have room for me so I didn't go. He had a good time though and was able to experience a lot of culture. He was gone from 2 until 9:30! They went to the bride's apartment to get her, to the botanical gardens for the bride and groom to have private time, to a place where they did the ceremony (he didn't get to see it though) and then to the reception where there was LOTS of dancing! He even got out on the dance floor and gave it a whirl. Oh how I wish I could have been there! He also gave a little speech at the wedding with the help of his friend who spoke English. He was tired after that day!

Also this week I've been able to sit and talk with three different people who live on our street, which has been great and something for which I've been hoping. Yay for progress!

So yeah, it's been an awesome week! We are so thankful! Here are some pictures from baking bread and the wedding....


Here is a video of going to get the bride...

Getting the Bride from Drew on Vimeo.

Here is a video of dancing at the reception:

Dancing at the Reception from Drew on Vimeo.

No comments: